How does Potenza Work and What Does it Feel Like?
A topical numbing cream will be applied prior to the Potenza Radiofrequency (RF) Microneedling treatment. Once the skin is sufficiently numb, the microneedling process begins using the Potenza device with ultra-fine needles that penetrate the skin. Some may feel a mild sting, a warm sensation, and light pressure from the needles as the device moves over the treatment area. Most Potenza RF Microneedling treatments take less than 45 minutes.
Pinpoint bleeding is completely normal and does not last long. It is best to avoid alcohol the night before the treatment and the day of to minimize any inflammation of the skin. Drink plenty of water, avoid hot water on the treated area(s), and wear fabric that is loose and breathable on your body. After washing/cleansing the face and body — do not tug at the skin; instead, gently pat the skin dry (a good rule of thumb for general everyday care).
How Many Potenza RF Microneedling Treatments Are Needed?
For optimal results, you will likely need an initial series of three or four sessions one month apart. A RenewMD Client Director will discuss in-depth the perfect Potenza protocol for your specific goals and needs.
How Do I Prepare for Potenza Treatment?
- Prior to a Potenza treatment, please be sure the area being treated is clean and possibly, depending on your case, clean-shaven.
- Avoid alcohol 24 hours prior to a Potenza treatment.
- Avoid hot water baths or showers.
- Post-treatment, please wear sunblock from SPF 30+, as well as any post-treatment skincare recommended by a RenewMD team member.
- Use ice packs every two hours, IF necessary for 15-20 minutes at a time for the first 24 hours post-treatment if there is any swelling and discomfort.
- Do not scratch or scrub the treated area.
- Resume normal activities and makeup-use after 24 hours.
- Please be gentle with the treated area.
How Soon Can I Expect Results?
Potenza results are gorgeous. Depending on the client, results are noticeable between 1-3 treatments, with a safe grace period between treatments. It takes a few weeks for the body to begin replenishing and producing new collagen and elastin after a Potenza treatment.
While Potenza can be used as a single treatment for brightening and tightening skin for any major event, we recommend a multiple treatment protocols of at least 2-3 treatments for best results.