Your Questions Answered
Microdermabrasion is a non-surgical exfoliating procedure that revitalizes the skin’s appearance and smoothness. It is more commonly known as the lunchtime peel, as one session generally takes only 30 minutes and there is no recuperation time afterward.
A stream of very fine crystals is directed onto the skin to loosen the dead layer of skin on the surface. It then suctions away the dead skin to reveal fresh, smooth skin. We also offer crystal-less microdermabrasion with diamond tip machines.
Temporary redness and slight discomfort may be experienced.
- Improving dull or uneven skin color.
- Relieving clogged pores and blackheads.
- Softening general roughness or thickened patches of dead skin (e.g., elbows and feet).
- Refining the appearance of fine, creepy lines and large pores.
- Removing surface debris to allow better absorption of topical medications.
Results will be evident immediately after the treatment. Depending on the condition of your skin, treatments may vary from 4 to 6 times to achieve the best results.
Almost everyone could benefit from microdermabrasion, but patients taking certain medications or who have active inflammatory skin conditions may need to postpone treatment. Our medical staff will advise you on the appropriateness of the procedure for your condition.
We also customize our microderms with Facials and Intense Pulse Light treatments.